Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel after applying for OPT? Can I re-enter US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel after applying for OPT? Can I re-enter US?

HI, I would like to know if I would be able to leave the country if I apply for OPT. If I apply now, and go back home for a couple of months and return, would I be able to? Or would my OPT become invalid? Thank You

This was posted on http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on March 27th
    DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 03-30-2013, 10:48 AM.

yes, one can leave USA when the OPT decision is pending at uscis and can re enter United states and also shoud carry all the required documents and should have Valid ViSA. If the OPT is approved when not in USA then we must have a job offer in order to enter united states.

Comment

Recommended not to leave!.. Heard bad stories.. You can leave while student; have fun, return, then work hard...

Comment

its good not to leave. because less chances of coming back ...

Comment

I just came back on OPT...U should take appointment letter from your recruiter or consultant, have valid visa & passport than u good to go. They just ask me one question: have u enjoyed ur trip?

Comment

Its not safe to travel while your OPT is pending.Processing will be stopped,as your I94 card will be dropped while you leave the country.This is what my international student advisor told me.Once it shows dispatched status it is safe to travel.But you need have your OPT card and offer letter in hand while you reenter US.

Comment

yes we must have to carry our opt cardwith us

Comment

Working...
              X