Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed EAD, Still says Initial Review

Hello everyone,
    I need some advice on how to go about my case.

USCIS received my EAD Application(i-765) on June 23rd and it's been 85 days now, but my status is still shows Initial review.
    I have a job offer in hand and was supposed to join on Sept 2nd but couldn't join as I didn't receive my EAD on time.
    My employer then pushed back my start date to Sept 22nd, which is only a week away and my online status still says Initial Review.

I am really scared now, as my employer might not give me an alternate start date now and I would lose my job.

I requested to expedite my case on Aug 18 but it got denied. I even made a service request on the 76th day but haven't got back any response. I have called USCIS no of times, but nothing helps as they always say that there is nothing they can do and 90 days is the average processing time and it can actually take longer.

I don't want to lose my job and really need some advice here.

Hi Jasleen,
    I applied on June 26th and still haven't heard from USCIS yet. My application is being processed from Vermont center and they usually take full 90 days. May I know which center you applied? As far as I know there is nothing much we can do other than wait.

Comment

Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
      *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz ***
      If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
      1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
      2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
      3. If you can't find the link, refer http://bit.ly/16CAYOb

In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

Their information is listed on http://desiopt.com/ home page.
      we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

Thanks
      F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students

Disclaimer: http://bit.ly/163AglR

Comment

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Sept 17th)

Comment

Hey, even I faced a similar situation. Infact, even my case was accepted on the 23rd of June, and was pending in initial review till Sep 11th when i received the approval notice. The change in status was effected after i visited the local USCIS office. You will have to take an infopass appointment and you can do this via the USCIS website.

Comment

Hey... I am in a similar situation too. My application got accepted on June 30th. Absolutely the same story with respect to the call centre and expedite request. I took an info pass and visited the San Jose field office last week. They said they cannot do anything coz the case is still under review and the background checks which are conducted by FBI are not done yet. But you should definitely give it a shot, might work for you.

Comment

Dont wait. Please call them and put another service request. This is too late.

Comment

Lately many people are expediting the process. Hence, USCIS is denying service requests. Share as much information as possible in the best possible way to try your luck. The best option would be to talk to your employer and inform them how much you're trying to get the OPT expedited. Good Luck!

Comment

Best of luck .. U can not do other than waiting ..

Comment

I guess the 23rd isn't such a good date after all. Same story, my application got accepted on the 23rd as well, have a job offer but it's still in the initial review. Called and requested for an expedite but no idea as to whether its gonna make any difference .

Comment

My application status showed Initial review for 94 days... And then I got it... So nothing to worry .. It usually takes that long for some people , eventually it is going to come nothing to worry

Comment

Mine took 85 days to approve. I had applied on June 16th.I was in a similar situation as I had to join on August 25th. I even raised an expedite request, which got approved after I sent my offer letter. But it was of no use, as it took 85 days to approve. I still haven't received the card. It takes around a week for them to ship it after it gets approved. No option but to wait.

Comment

You could try to contact your local Senator and ask his office to inquire about your case. This didn't work for me, but it worked for one of my friends, so it doesn't hurt to try. Also, I heard other people say that changing something in your application, such as changing your address, might draw their attention to your case. I did this in June and got my card after a week -- I can't guarantee that this happened because of the address change though, it might have been pure luck. However, when you don't have a lot of options, I know it's comforting to try to do something, waiting sucks when your job is at stake.

Comment

Its not too late. My application accepted on May 6th stayed in initial review until Sep 9th and changed suddenly to Card production on that day. Service requests or Expedite requests didn't have any effect.

Comment

hey...how much time did it take for your case to be approved after you got the email/response for pending security checks?

Comment

Working...
                              X