No announcement yet.

Wrong expiry date on opt extension card

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wrong expiry date on opt extension card

    I received my opt card last week and i noticed a wrong expiry date on the card and I have contacted USCIS regarding the same. I got opt extension for 5 month instead of 17 months. They have opened a service request and I just received a letter from USCIS. The letter says "return the original document, along with all supporting documentation including a letter explaining the error"
    Can you guys please help me out regarding what documents do I need to send and format of the letter.
    Thanks in advance .. !!

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Sept 16th)


      • #4
        Write the letter.. They work sloww..


        • #5
          Write a letter stating expiry date error on it if you have placed service request you will recieve a letter from uscis to your email .Take print out of that email,letter stating the expiry date error and send that error card back to uscis they will process and will send you new card with in 3 weeks.No need to worry you will get new card with correct date on it.


          • #6
            Yes send them a letter describing them your problem and also let your International Student Advisor know about this issue.