OPT Extension Denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Extension Denied

HI ,I have completed my 1year OPT and applied for extension,My extension got denied for that i got enrolled in Master's program again,My question is am i able to file OPT again after i finish my master's

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 11th 2013

you can get an OPT for a new degree every time the degree is higher than the previous one. For example, one for Bachelor's, one for Master's and one for PhD. You can only get one OPT if you are getting two Master's degrees in a row or concurrently.

Comment

No u cannot. U need to do higher degree .. Like phd.. In order to get opt again

Comment

if u are in STEM course and havent used ur STEM extension yet.. i guess u can..

Comment

You cannot apply for another OPT on the same level of degree... You might want to consult the international student services....

Comment

Whats the reason for denial...?

Comment

What's the reason for denial?

Comment

is there any other reason for OPT extension to be denied ? is it because the work has to be directly related to the major ?

Comment

they don't issue opt for 2nd ms . why did they denied your extension

Comment

No you cannot for the same level of education. You'll have to get phd. Btw I'm actually surprised that opt extensions can be denied. What is the reason ?

Comment

Reason for Denial (From the reader whose question was posted): Thanks for posting.......extension was denied because i didnt updated the employer information in my sevis for initial 90 days as i was in india.....They send me an "RFE" to prove that i was not unemployed for more than 90 days...proof such as Paystubs,Client letters,employer contracts, And time sheet attendance sheet of all the employees of my employer.
                      I responded them everything except time and attendance sheet of all the employees at my employers company.

Comment

Working...
                      X