Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Graduated and got EAD card

Not Graduated and got EAD card

I was supposed to graduate with only one course to go. In Summer 2014, I applied for OPT which got approved. Later I was contacted by my University and was told I could not register for Summer as I'm an International student and should only register for a Face-to-Face class which were not offered for Summer and had to wait till Fall2014. Now I got my OPT EAD card.

1. My F1 I20 expired and have yet another course left out to graduate. I'm in need of help in this. If anybody has been through or know anybody who has been through the same, Please advice what to do.

You need to have an un-expired i20 for a pre-completion OPT. Pre-completion OPT only lasts till i20 expiration. For i20 extension you need to talk to your advisor and DSO and show financial support.

Comment

1 1 20 does not expire untill u finish u r grad or termination ..
      And in ur situation u can work 20 hr a week when school is in session ..

Comment

Pre-completion OPT, part-time or full-time, during the annual school vacations (e.g. summer vacation)
        Pre-completion OPT, part-time only (max. 20 hours/week), while school is in session; no other on or off-campus employment is allowed..

Comment

International students can take a break in summer.

Comment

Pls PM me .. I had a similar situation

Comment

Working...
            X