No announcement yet.

Want to switch job when OPT Ext decision is pending

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Want to switch job when OPT Ext decision is pending

    I applied for my OPT extension on 5/22/2014. Current OPT expiration date is 7/24/2014. (It already expired). I am working on the basis that
    I applied for OPT on time and have the receipt that OPT has been applied. I think I can work for 180 days while the decision is pending.

    Now I am facing big problem.I recently got a fulltime job.[/B][/B] I have to join there within two weeks, at the end of August, 2014. (Now doing a contractual job through consultancy)

    Yesterday case of my OPT has changed to request for evidence. I haven't got the mail from USCIS which tells what document to send. But I think I have all the documents needed. Like for somebody I know who has also submitted the extra evidence USCIS requested paystub and W-4 and someone else its transcript for MS.

    In this circumstances how can I switch job? Does anyone has any experience? Please share.

  • #2
    Just to add one more thing is that both new and current employer is E-verified.


    • #3
      Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
      *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
      If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
      1. Goto
      2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
      3. If you can't find the link, refer

      In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
      we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

      F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students



      • #4
        Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Aug 14th)


        • #5
          You can switch the job. Your alien registration number is valid till 180 days. Its on USCIS website.


          • #6
            Hmm u can switch jobs .. But i strongly recommend u wait till u get u r ead .. Switching now would cause more confusion ..


            • #7
              Soemtime employers won't support with the requested documents if you change !! So wait till you submit the RFE !!


              • #8
                If you decided to quit the old job make sure you have all the required documents


                • #9
                  Thank you guys for the reply. I got the mail from USCIS. They require my transcript from school which I already ordered.

                  But now comes a bigger problem. The new company turns out to be non-E verified. The HR doesn't know this at the beginning of my interview process. Now I have signed the contract and after that it turned out that they are non-E verified. Any one has any idea how complex the E verify application process for the company?
                  They said that they will apply for the E verification. Still waiting for their response.