No announcement yet.

OPT extension,

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OPT extension,

    Hello all,

    How are you all doing? I am Nguyen, a new member to the group. I hope to her help from you. I have a B.S in Genetics Technology. I am on OPT now. I am a Genetic Technology at University in Michigan. I research on STEM field list. I believe my degree diploma is under one of the fields in STEM list. I am eligible to apply for OPT extension. But my school which I graduated from said that my field on I-20 is Allied Health/Science/Technology... , not under the STEM fields. But the program on my I-20 is too general regarding my program degree. Should I request my DSO at my school to update the program major on my I-20? And could I request my DSO to recommend me for OPT extension? If you have any suggestions , please advise. Thank you very much.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Aug 11th)


      • #4
        1. u can apply for change of major


        • #5
          Check stem codes .. U can not change major now


          • #6
            Talk to your DSO and explain her the situation and if possible they might be able to do it.... Nothing wrong in giving a shot on the other hand you can also email the details to USCIS help desk... Good Luck...