Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    According to me it shouldn't really matter. If you start your OPT on either dates you will have to file your H1 in April. If you are eligible for OPT STEM extension then your 29 months of OPT will expire on Nov 14 2015(If you applied on June 15 2013) or January 16 2016 ( If you applied on August 17).IN either case you will have to apply for H1 on April 1st 2015. If you do not have extension then it will expire on June 14 2014 (For June 15 2013 filing) or August 16 2014(for Aug 2013 filing). IN this case also you will have to apply for H1 on April 1 2014. So just apply on your 1st possible date just in case you get the job.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    According to me it shouldn't really matter. If you start your OPT on either dates you will have to file your H1 in April. If you are eligible for OPT STEM extension then your 29 months of OPT will expire on

Leave a comment:

• OPT Start date suggestion- Graduating in June 2013

Hello.I have a question regarding opt start date.
    I will be graduating this June 2013.And want to apply opt asap. I spoke to my DSO and she informed me that i can start my opt date any time between June 15-August 17. But im really confused what start date to be given? im thinking of August 1-7. Is it fine? Thanks

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 2nd 2013
Working...
X