Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my first paycheck without working for the company- Will this effect my current OP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first paycheck without working for the company- Will this effect my current OP

Got my first paycheck without working for the company- Will this effect my current OPT EAD card processing.

I got an internship offer from a company. Initially I accepted it but finally I didn't join the company as I had some problems with my university. However, the company has sent me the first pay check by mistake. I am scared as I am on their payroll now, and my OPT (EAD) process is going on. I emailed the company to immediately take action.

I would just like to know, is their any other database apart from IRS which can document that I have received the check. Also, can there be a problem in my EAD processing. And also, can the company remove me from IRS database. I am scared and confused. Please help.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 2nd 2013

you are fine. they usually do not check and see where have you gotten your pay checks. my cousins worked in subway restaurant in payroll all their student life and didnt have any problem while processing green card.

Comment

Dont worry u will receive ur opt card. Just for saftey take a letter from the company stating that it was their mistake & they have rectify it.

Comment

Your cousin was lucky. BUt that doesn't mean everybody will get away with it. Apart from that if you had CPT and did not work then you will be fine. If without CPT you got the pay check you might get into trouble. But its not compulsory that you will get into trouble. You might be lucky and get away. IRS and USCIS are 2 different departments USCIS may not goto IRS to see if you have any payrolls on you name..But it might harm you while applying for H1B. Best is to ask a letter from the company stating that it was by mistake and you can keep it as reference for later use.

Comment

stop living in fear .. stop this helpless mentality

Comment

@manish Rao .. stop posting this way u cannot talk to any1 like ths .. ( u need to encourage ppl and not demotivate thm )...u will never know untill u r in tht suitation...

Comment

still am better thn u am sure ... anywhich ways u didnot take ths sportively as well so how would u define urself ...anyways this form is not to discuss individual but to be informative and helpful to ppl ...this forum is to post realted to subject but not for lecture on how the person is

Comment

Working...
              X