No announcement yet.

OPT extension for Subsidiary company

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OPT extension for Subsidiary company

    Hi everyone,

    I have a question about the OPT extension.

    The company that I am working (123 company) for is owned by other company (ABC company). When I applied for the OPT extension, for the employer name, should I write down my company (123 company) or the parent company (ABC company). I asked HR from my company and they said they don't their own e-verify number (but they told me our company is e-verified) and they are using one E-verify for the whole enterprise. So is it still okay for me to apply OPT extension.

    So I asked them for the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding), there are two different company ID numbers on that form, one is "Company ID number", another one is "Client Company ID number". Which one should I use for the E-verify ID number? The employer name on the MOU is the parent company (ABC company). So I am not sure if I can still use that MOU to apply my OPT extension

    Thank you so much,

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (July 9th)


      • #4
        USE the name of the Parent company.... It's the parent company that has the e-verify number. I too was in the same situation. In your I-765 form fill the name of your employer as the parent company and the corresponding E-verify number. Also, if you are submitting an employer letter with the application, be sure that the name of the companies match or it clearly states (123) is a subsidiary of (ABC).


        • #5
          Use abc then ..and in future ask them run payroll under that company ..