H1B Rejected & STEM Expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Rejected & STEM Expiring

I am on F-1 status,and it expires in November, 2014.My STEM OPT ends on July 14th, 2014. My H-1 is rejected. I am applying for college right now

1.Can I stay in U.S even after my STEM OPT expires?
    2.Can I apply for colleges and join even after my STEM OPT ends?
    3. I heard that I can stay in U.S and apply for second masters even after my stem opt expires for 2 months.Is that true.
    Please help me with this problem.

why is your h1b rejected?

Comment

Why did your H1B got rejected ?? Inbox me.. This is the first one I heard this year..

Comment

Rejected? Why?

Comment

I believe that after masters we'll get two opt's i,e first 12 months then 17 months extension. Applying during the extension period will some how arises in H1B rejection.

Comment

Even if you apply for second masters and assuming you have done first masters in usa, you will not be able to get opt again. As for one graduate degree you can get one opt only. If you do phd then you can get 2nd opt.

Comment

1 u can stay 60days,after expiry ..
              2 yes with in 60,days u can do it ..
              3 yes

Comment

Originally posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
                I believe that after masters we'll get two opt's i,e first 12 months then 17 months extension. Applying during the extension period will some how arises in H1B rejection.
                what ?? not true ..

Comment

Apply for Motion to Reopen on your H1B and you are good to stay

Comment

Usually Motion to Reopen takes around a year, once filed then look for another company who can sponsor your H1B on premium

Comment

Yes there is a grace period of 60 days after your opt expiration and in this period you can transfer your sevis. And you can apply for your second masters and I recommend you to join in a university where rules and regulation are properly maintained .

Comment

Working...
                      X