No announcement yet.

Questions regarding opt

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions regarding opt

    Hi guys thank you for the help, i have few questions:

    1. I recently graduated in april, and received my opt card. I didnt start the job still, but if i want to change to a different consultancy after getting job can i change, as i submitted my ssn, opt card and, opt i20 copies to my current consultancy.

    2. To file my h1, do i need to have my m.s. Degree in hand as i didnt pay the college fee yet and it may take a while to get my masters degree though i graduated.

    Thank you in advance.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (June 24th)


      • #4
        With graduation certificate you will not be considered in the Master's Cap.


        • #5
          1. Yes u can change
          2. If you want to file H1-B under advanced degree category u have to have your diploma copy. Fyi.. U should have your diploma with u while applying for opt ext unless u have thesis pending


          • #6
            1. Yes
            2. Get you certificate Asap


            • #7
              1) you can change your employer at any time even after getting a job you need to update your vendor saying that from now my employer will be so and so 2) If you file H1b under master category you definitely need your degree


              • #8
                1 yes u can .. But depends on contract u have with them ..
                2 if u want to file under masters then u have to have proof that u finished u r graduation.. Any way u have around 9 months time to get u r degree so better to get it as soon as possible .. Also u need it for u r opt ext ..