Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me out....if we do double masters and without applying for OPT period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me out....if we do double masters and without applying for OPT period

Can anyone help me out....if we do double masters and without applying for OPT period, and if i immediately get into the second masters program after the winter break DO I GET THE OPT PERIOD FOR THE SECOND MASTERS OR NOT? its like doing two different masters in different universties and different programs...now i am doing masters in nutrition in kent state university and i am planning to do masters in computer technology in eastern ilinois univ after i am done with my first masters

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on January 9th 2013

As per USCIS- An F1 student may be authorized 12 months of OPT for study at one education level. Looks like in your case since you have not applied for OPT after first Masters, so you should still have 12 months remaining (more for STEM). OPT eligibility is controlled by SEVIS. SEVIS is controlled by the DSO at your school. Check with your DSO as well.

Comment

I have done 2 masters as above....you will have ur opt after second masters

Comment

Hari Muv Thanks for sharing your experience, Niharika does this help?

Comment

she can get opt in her case

Comment

desi opt:- sevis is controlled by uscis .. DSO only can update data ..and opt eligibility is determined by uscis ( a federal authority which formed under INA and fallow the rules of INA )

Comment

Working...
            X