No announcement yet.

i 20 has wrong employer information

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i 20 has wrong employer information

    Hi guys

    I was going to apply for a stem extension (My opt ends June 2nd 2014) and for that purpose had requested a new i 20 from my university.
    The problem is that I made a small error in the employer name i.e the name i used is not the same as the E-verify name of the firm.

    Will this be a problem when I apply for the stem extension. I will of course fill the correct information on my I-765.
    Should I request my university to create a new I-20 with the right information??


  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (May 12th)


      • #4
        1 is it a spell mistake or a dba ..
        If it is dba u will not have any issue as long as u give correct name and everify number in 765 u r fine
        2 if u have time then do correction if not do it later ..


        • #5
          I don't think so. When you file your Form I-765, It has a column for the Employer name and E-verify ID. That should suffice. Have a letter from your employer too, though it is not necessary.

          Best bet is to confirm from your DSO and if they feel you need to correct the info, get a new I-20 generated.