OPT Delayed 6 Months and below reader might be homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Delayed 6 Months and below reader might be homeless

I am a student who applied for OPT (Optional Practical Training) I-765 form application for employment authorization at California service center. Normally it takes 3 months i.e, 90 days for whole processing but,in my case its been more that 160 days and when I try to contact USCIS for update using phone I just get simple and standard answer "its in background check". I have been getting the same answer from last 3 months.I am jobless from last 5 months and my financial conditions getting worst everyday and in a matter of few days I will be homeless. Please help me out from this worst phase of my life. Let me know what should I do? whom I need to contact for moving my case forward?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on January 30th 2013

Hi even I am waiting from 6 six months for opt applied on aug 01 /12
    But recently I got a mail from uscics , mentioned that I need to wait more 180 days !!!!

Comment

no offence to both of you but may i know which university have you guys graduated from and did you work on CPT. if yes have you worked adhering to CPT rules?

Comment

In my case i waited for 5 months to hear from them about my extension, they sent a letter saying my OPT was denied because my major code is not in the stem list. All of that time wasted because my advisor put the wrong code of my major in the I-20. I had to file for a petition and pay extra 600$ to open the case.

Comment

Not sure about this scenario but hope u can get resolution asap

Comment

If you guys are in a consultancy talk to to your consultancy guys about this problem. they will be having an attorney for themselves, he will go through your issue and act accordingly. Don't waste your time anymore. It happened to one of my friend and his consultancy guys hired an attorney to deal his issue and it worked for him he got his OPT. Hope this will be helpful to you guys. Good luck.

Comment

I believe that if u don't get OPT with in 90 days your advisor might be able to issue an i20 using which u can work legally until you get your OPT. Please check with your grad advisor..all the best

Comment

Working...
              X