No announcement yet.

address change OPT extension

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • address change OPT extension

    Hello Team,
    You are making excellent work helping the students.I have a question regarding my case.
    I am working on OPT,applied for the OPT extension and I need to move from the place I have given in the application. But if I change in the USPS its going to be problem one of friend got into this.
    How to come out of this? I applied extension in last week of march.
    In addition to that My employer applied to the H1 in premium processing. it got picked in the lottery.
    1)will it effect any thing extension application?
    2)How to change the address (if you change in the USPS the card will go back to USCIS)
    3)Is using the address change by the receipt number in USCIS site correct way?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Nikhil Reddy; 04-21-2014, 03:52 PM.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (April 22nd)


      • #4
        1 you can call them or you can use uscis address change tool to change u r address


        • #5
          Why will the card go back to USCIS, if you change the address and using forwarding service from USCIS?


          • #6
            Update your address in form AR11. This might resolve your problem, as it direct with the USCIS.


            • #7
              While filing the OPT and also when you receive you receipt for application, it clearly mentions that any change of address should be directly reported to the USCIS customer care. And about AR11 form you need to update that within 10 days after moving to your new address.