Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doing my masters program in IT from Concordia Universtiy, wisconsin. I am going to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doing my masters program in IT from Concordia Universtiy, wisconsin. I am going to

I doing my masters program in IT from Concordia Universtiy, wisconsin. I am going to graduate in May 2013. So when should I apply for OPT. Do I need to contact International officer to apply or they will contact us.

When will i be eligible to work , if I have an offer letter and I have no OPT card then what can be done.

Now I am doing 9 credits this spring 2013 and will graduate in May 2013 in between this time if I get a Job oppurtunity , will college allow me to work as CPT or ask me to wait till I get OPT.

Please reply to me ..I will be really gratefull

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on January 31st 2013

You can request CPT before you graduate, please check with your DSO to confirm if you have enough credits

Comment

You have to apply for an OPT. No body else will apply it for you. For OPT application you have to contact your International student office. On the OPT application form you have to specify your OPT start date and that is the day from when you can start working. That day can be as early as the next working day after your graduation. OPT usually takes 3 months to get processed. So if you want to start working from mid May then you may as well apply for your OPT by mid Feb.

Comment

You can apply for OPT 3 months before your graduation. So in your case, february 2013..International officer will not contact you, its your OPT. You should contact them.

Comment

Right now if you have a job in hand you can work under CPT till the time you graduate. After your CPT expires which would be around the time you graduate, you can start working with OPT, if you have your OPT processed by then. Hope this helps.

Comment

You will have to write down a OPT start date while applying for OPT, so you can start working on OPT from that date. It can be the date right after your graduation or maximum after 2 month (60 days after your graduation)..you will have to wait for your OPT before you can start working....It will be considered unauthorized employment if you work without OPT

Comment

If you get a job while you are still in college, you cannot work on CPT, for CPT you will have to register as a subject, and I am pretty sure the deadline for registering in your university will end before february, so basically if u get a job u have to wait till OPT.

Comment

If you get an internship or a Co-op , how does one start working on a CPT? Does he require a CPT authorization from his International office or from his supervisor?

Comment

Hello as the case mentioned above For best answers contact Darlene at Concordia university international office. I'm from the same university she will provide best answers to your question. Regarding cpt you get a offer letter At get approved Darlene to go ahead.

Comment

hello as you are graduating this may you can start applying OPT. USCIS will not call you. first you need to apply for graduation completion and then fill the form of I-765 and then take a money order of $380 and send them to USCIS then they will send you the OPT.

Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Comment

Working...
                      X