No announcement yet.

Change of Employers during OPT STEM Extension

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Change of Employers during OPT STEM Extension


    I'm currently on my OPT with Employer X. My current OPT expires in July and I'm eligible for OPT STEM Extension(I haven't applied for extension yet). So I was planning to change from Employer X to Employer Y. My question here is that when my OPT Extension application is pending can I change my employers or should I inform USCIS when I change when my application is pending? or should I just change my employers after my extension is approved? or should I change first and then apply for extension(I'm in the process of searching for new employer right now so changing might take sometime,may be like end of April and if I wait till then it might be late for applying for STEM Extension as it expires in July).

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (31st March)


      • #4
        Hi, if you are so sure about changing employer to new, go for it and then apply for extension. You still have plenty of time buddy. But make sure a replica documented by your ex-employer. I see many of folks I know had hard time with schools for proper paper work.


        • #5
          It's high way risk to do in the transition period, chances of getting card late is a lot. USCIS won't respond any of your status update as long as they pass 90days of period from day one they receive documents.