Lost Passport- Is Re-stamping Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Passport- Is Re-stamping Safe?

Hi I lost my passport recently. I am in my OPT and working full Time in Harvard. I need to go back to India to meet my family .

Is it a safe decision to travel back in India and do the F1 re-stamping there.

Please suggest ASAP.

It's not at all a problem. we have a consultant, who was in the same scenario a year back. He got 5 yrs F1 Visa again starting from that day..

Comment

Same problem with me my passport was stolen on November 16 2013 I have police report also I am on f1 now will go for CPT in the month of August .can I travel to India? How will I get my visa again? I have already got new passport from our embassy

Comment

How long your visa is valid in your lost passport?

Comment

My frens passport was stolen two years back. N he got his visa stamped one month back with another 5yrs, though his old visa was valid till 2015.He visited india on his STEM extension and he is back now. Ping me if you need more details.

Comment

My visa is valid till 2018

Comment

Can you tell me the procedure?

Comment

And also I have transferred from the uni on which I got visa ...so uni name on my visa and the uni dat m studying is different

Comment

Will dat be a problem?

Comment

Yes...it will be a problem..one of my friend had the same situation..now he got stuck in India..his visa got rejected the reason he transferred from A to B university, and he is on OPT extension..

Comment

I lost my passport a year ago. This is the procedure which I followed
                      1) Get a written police complaint.
                      2) Apply for new Indian passport through Vfs which is in new york.
                      3) Apply for visa.
                      4) Travel to India through Air India
                      5) Fax or email to US Embassy stating that you lost your visa/passport.

Start saying to visa officer before only that you lost your passport so that's why you came for visa.

Comment

there is risk involed when u go for any kind of stamping..
                        but beauty with f1 is u can go for it again and again with same sevis as long as u dont break the rules ..

Comment

But wat kind of rules? I transferred before studying one sem ?

Comment

Working...
                          X