Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT EXT- Message from USCIS

OPT EXT- Message from USCIS

Applied for my OPT extension on DEC 27th 2013.Since then I'm waiting for my OPT extension.This wednesday, the status showed "INITIAL REVIEW" but below that there is a message stating that my Alien number was changed. This is the message USCIS mailed me on thursday

USCIS [email protected]: Mar 5 (3 days ago)
    To: Me

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***
    The last processing action taken on your case
    Receipt Number: XXXXXXX
    Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
    Your Case Status: Initial Review

1. What is the probability of me getting an RFE becoz its more than 2 months since I applied for my OPT extension?

no need to worry...it is a system error

Comment

probably in two weeks.. and that's not an error status..it means they had started your processing.

Comment

usually when it says alien number changed that means either they have shipped your card or initial review is done

Comment

Don't worry about the change of status ... With in 2-3 days u will receive cards production....

Comment

Mine was same . On jan 15 it was changed alien number changed status but till today it's still in initial review . So it doesn't mean anything . It neither shipped neither started processing

Comment

mine was same. I got RFE 2 days after this happened. But I got approval after my response to the RFE, within a week...

Comment

Working...
              X