No announcement yet.

5 years on F1- Tax Refund eligibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years on F1- Tax Refund eligibility?

5 years on F1- Tax Refund eligibility?

My employer gave a W2 form but I found some mistakes. They were paying for SSN and medicare benefits last year. I am currently on F1-OPT ext. Last year my status was in F1 OPT and it was also my fifth year in F1 visa after I landed in America.

1. I am wondering that am I eligible for the refund according to non resident treaty?
    2. Does it matter if I am filing from 6th year because people say I am not eligible for the benefits as I have finished five years in america.
    3. I asked my employer about this but they will fix it only for a cost which is pretty high and honestly I don't want to pay for somebody's else mistake.
    4. Can anybody recommend me which form are required to submit to SSN office if any in my case?

Check out if you do not meet the substantial presence test, if you don't you can request a refund.

Comment

Contact devcpa.com they will help you.

Comment

Go to H&R block and get the problem fixed. Don't wait for comments on the Internet. April 15 is approaching

Comment

You can file 1040 form as you finished 5 years in USA. Dont worry about April 15th, you can file your taxes in 3 years i.e. before April 15th 2016. Its just that you cannot electronically file after Oct 15th , 2014.

Comment

Working...
          X