No announcement yet.

Copy of degree

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Copy of degree


    My OPT expires on Jan 21st 2014. I was told by my ISO, in order to apply for OPT extension one needs to have a copy of degree along with a copy of an official transcript. My question is - can i apply for extension only with an Official transcript as i dont have the degree yet and will receive in march 2014. Are there any students who applied for extension without copy of degree?

  • #2
    Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall within 12 hours.

    *Get OPT/CPT Experiences to your inbox via

    If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer for details

    P.S. Refer our posting rules


    • #3
      A copy of degree is generally recommended. You may end up in RFE


      • #4
        apply with a letter form u r school that u r degree got finished ..


        • #5
          Mostly u ll gt an rfe later


          • #6
            they are lot of people out there with out degree certificate..
            and certificate is not mandatory..
            all the thing u need to prove is u r degree is finished ..


            • #7
              Students who are applying for the STEM extension need not necessarily have completed their STEM degree thesis requirement or equivalent in order to be eligible for the extension.
              USCIS posted Interim Memorandum on October 2013. Find more details at
              More at:


              • #8
                If you are done with your course and just awaiting getting the degree certificate, you can apply for a letter of degree completion from the university, that should suffice as provisional degree...


                • #9
                  i happened to have a question did u graduate yet ??