Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reg. OPT extension ( listing employees in e-verify database)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. OPT extension ( listing employees in e-verify database)

Hello,

I am currently working part-time in a start up company. I joined the company in April 2013 and the company became e-verified in August 2013. My employer says that e-verify does not require him to enter details of employees he has already hired and so he has not entered my name in the list of employees in e-verify database. I am now planning to apply for OPT extension. Should I request my employer to enter my details in database in order to enable me apply for OPT extension?

Thanks for your help/suggestions!

hmm u r employer is right .. he should not verify who already employed ..any way it does not cause any problem for u r opt extension ..

Comment

law says u r employer should participate in e-verify for u to get STEM-opt .. it does not says your case should verified ..

Comment

if u wish to know more details then read e-verify MOU .. and opt extension requirements

Comment

No problem go ahead and apply for /opT

Comment

http://www.uscis.gov/...

Comment

but doesnt the employer need to put in the details of the employee to get his opt ext? I would think the point of the e-verify is for USCIS to verify the details of the employee with the sevis and the ssn records to grant the opt ext.

Comment

hmm e-verify is a tool for employer to verify their employees eligibility to work .. employer needs to reverify after he is getting his new opt card ..

Comment

i am sorry i thought it was other thread .. in this case employer does not need to do anything ..

Comment

Working...
                  X