Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Renew License while waiting for OPT Extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Renew License while waiting for OPT Extension?

I am on my OPT and I have applied for OPT STEM EXTENSION. Now that my OPT is expired on OCT 18th and I am waiting on extension, and on top of it my license is expired.
    1. Is there any way that I can renew my license while waiting for my OPT Extension?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on October 29th 2013

You have to wait for OPT card. No choice

Comment

No chance...have to wait on OPT

Comment

You can renew your lisence if your OPT is mentioned on your I-20. But They will only give you an extention till the day your OPT starts on your OPT application. . . or they will consider the 60day leway after the I-20 expiration and give you a license for those 20 days. I think you can get a temp license but not sure.

Comment

I'm not sure but doesn't your I-20 for OPT extension suffices your requirement to get the driver's license. I-20 should mention your start and end date for the extension and based on it you may get the license. Not sure though.

Comment

Take your OPT EXTENSION I20 and they ll renew your license. I did the same !!

Comment

like in California u can get licence even if u r undocumented .. where as in texas it is not possible .. so bttter to check with u r DMV call center or post u r state over here i can can look u r state laws ..

Comment

Working...
              X