Information For Border Cross or Visiting MEXICO for Sevis Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information For Border Cross or Visiting MEXICO for Sevis Activation

Hi All, as i have mentioned that my OPT is denied, and i still dint get the denial reason, in meanwhile, i have found two options
    1) File for re-instatement for sevis activation with New I-20
    2) Re-entry the country with new I-20 from the University?

My question is what might be chances for reinstatement?
    If i want to re enter the country can i go to India and re-enter? which country i can go and re-enter, most of people mentioned Mexico, but for visiting Mexico also we need Visting VISA and from which side we can enter?

If any one who has gone through this please let me know the details.... Visiting Mexico and at port of entry what questions were asked and details about it

Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall-Oct 30th

*Get OPT/CPT Experiences to your inbox via http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php for details

Comment

1. Re instatement depends on your university
      2. Yes you can
      3. Yes you need a visiting visa for mexico book a slot from F1
      You can go from texas or New Mexico by car or you can book a flight and same questions just as your first entry to US as F1

Comment

1. You can apply reinstatement which can take 6 months..
        2. Where ever you go and come back port of entry is the same i:e United States . So it doesn't matter where you go.
        3. Since india is your home country you can go and come. Depends on port of entry. When you reenter with new i20 they might or might not ask you any questions. It is 100% possible that they don't ask you anything , at the same time there is same probability of asking you questions.

Comment

1 reinstatement takes long time and if it denied it means u were staying illegally from now .. and remember staying more than 180 days with out status could lead to 3 yrs bar ..i would suggest u to step out of border and come back ..
          2 yes
          3 which ever border is near to u can also go to Canada or Bahamas .for canada u need visa .for bahamas legally u need visa but lot of people went on cruse with out visa ..
          A any body who has valid us visa can enter mexico with out any visa ..
          B any 9 sectors of border ..
          C the general f1 questions ..

Comment

I ve been thru the same situation. I re entered thru mexico as reinstatement wud take too long. Probably i can help u.

Comment

Hi My opt has been denied due to expiry of 30 day period. Can i speak to anyone who has been in a similar situation ?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by husky View Post
                Hi My opt has been denied due to expiry of 30 day period. Can i speak to anyone who has been in a similar situation ?
                Thanks
                Hi Husky, I had the same situation, so had to leave the country and again come into the country with another MS degree as my F1 was still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
                  I ve been thru the same situation. I re entered thru mexico as reinstatement wud take too long. Probably i can help u.
                  Did u apply for a visitor visa? Procedures and documents to carry along and how much time should we spend cross border? Also was thr any prob at POE??

Comment

I am in the same situation please advise me or giv me ur contact details so I can call you

Comment

Originally posted by siddharthtyagi View Post
                      I am in the same situation please advise me or giv me ur contact details so I can call you
                      Im also in similar situation
                      Email me @[email protected]
                      Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 12-29-2015, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hello ,

I am in need to cross mexico border to get new i94 on new sevis with old F1 visa.

I have few questions to ponder out.. Can you please share your contact to discuss on this .

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks
                        Prasad

Comment

Hi Raj,

can u help me I am in same condition as of now?

Comment

Working...
                          X