OPT, OPT STEM ext, and H1B at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT, OPT STEM ext, and H1B at the same time

Hi, thank you all as you are doing a great favor by helping students like us with your solutions.
    My OPT ends on June 15 '14. I have joined a startup and will apply for H1B on Apr'14.
    My question is ,
    1) since I am not sure whether my H1B petition will be accepted or rejected since it is a startup, can I apply for a OPT extension?
    2) If my OPT extension is accepted, whether it is possible for me to apply for H1B in April 14 considering the fact that I have my old OPT (to be expiring on June 15 '14, OPT extension from June 16 '2014 and H1b would be in the processing phase.
    3)Or should I apply for h1b next yr i.e 2015.

Originally posted by Srinivas Santhanam View Post
    Hi, thank you all as you are doing a great favor by helping students like us with your solutions.
    My OPT ends on June 15 '14. I have joined a startup and will apply for H1B on Apr'14.
    My question is ,
    1) since I am not sure whether my H1B petition will be accepted or rejected since it is a startup, can I apply for a OPT extension?
    2) If my OPT extension is accepted, whether it is possible for me to apply for H1B in April 14 considering the fact that I have my old OPT (to be expiring on June 15 '14, OPT extension from June 16 '2014 and H1b would be in the processing phase.
    3)Or should I apply for h1b next yr i.e 2015.
    Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- Oct 26th

*Get OPT/CPT Experiences to your inbox via http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php for details

Comment

Apply for OPT extension...Till Oct 1st you will be in F1 OPT status. So apply for extension even if your Extension comes and If H1 gets approved you will be in H1 from oct 1st. If it gets rejected you will be on Extension. Its your wish to apply H1 when evr it is comfortable. Some people use most of the OPT to save money. Some people apply h1 fast to get GC fast. It all depends on the way you thinl

Comment

hmm apply for extension .. i would suggest you to make u r employer apply for u r h1 this fiscal yr(FY2014) .. since there is grate chance for lottery in following yrs.
        1 start up is not the reason for rejection .. company gotta be bonafide and able to pay you and employer employee relation should exist and fallow all the rules ..
        2 no problem you can apply for both since OPT extension is not COS ..
        3 hmm since you dont know anything i suggest you to consult u r company immigration attorney and what his plan ..

Comment

Working...
        X