Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployed and out of the country on OPT

Hello,
    Your posts have been very helpful to me. I am in a confusion.I applied for my OPT and while the application is till in process I have left to India since I was in a family emergency. I thought I would never return back to US. But if there is a chance I want to come back to US. While I am in India my OPT was accepted and I have a valid EAD card with me. I have a valid Visa till year 2016. I have got an employer who is training me for the job. I have updated my employer details in the university since we have to do this within 90 days. I have a valid offer letter from the company where I am being trained. The company is also E verified. I have the OPT I 20 issued by the university. I have mailed the university ISSS director about my problem. He said am good and I would not face any problem. But I doubt since the risk is high these days. What would be the problem I will face at the port of entry? Which is the best airport to choose if I want to travel? What other documents I need to carry with me?

[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall - Oct 20th[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]*Did you Miss OPT/CPT Experiences! Subscribe via [/COLOR][/COLOR]http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]1. Goto [/COLOR][/COLOR]http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    [COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]3. If you can't find the link, refer [/COLOR][/COLOR]http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333] for details[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

No problem at all..you are good

Comment

no problem .. have a nice trip ..

Comment

Firstly, There is no problem as your OPT is approved and you are with an e- verified employer. It doesn't matter what port of entry you choose unless you have all necessary documents. The doucments you need when you return are :-

Valid Passport (valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of the re-entry to the U.S.)
          Valid F-1 student visa in passport (except students from Canada)
          OPT I-20 with a valid travel endorsement from OIS (signatures are valid for 6 months)
          Valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card
          Proof of current employment or offer letter and paystubs if any.

Comment

Thanks all..!! It was helpful..!! My concern is I was unemployed for more than 3 months. What if the officer at the port of entry asks how did I get a job when I was out of the country??

Comment

Thanks..!!It was helpful..!! My concern is I was unemployed for more than 3 months. What if the officer at the port of entry asks how did I get a job when I was out of the country??

Comment

You are all set to come back....

Comment

Yeapp you are set to return, as long as you have your employer's letter

Comment

You are working for an employer as full time employee... OPT is a visa it is not mandatory to run payroll... U r working as full time to ur employer... If they have any questions they will contact ur emoloyer... Don't worry nd pls do not think too much... You are all set... Happy journey... Tc

Comment

hmm lot of people get jobs through phones ..

Comment

lot of people work remotely and does not even see the employer ..

Comment

No problem dudes...they just ask u employer details u will be 5n many of my friends have undergone this situation

Comment

Tell them you had the offer before your OPT and had it updated once you got your OPT card. Later tell them that you have been working with them and they were aware about your trip to India. You may ask your employer if he could provide a letter mentioning that he had approved your emergency leave.

Comment

Thanks all..!! It was helpful..!! My concern is I was unemployed for more than 3 months. What if the officer at the port of entry asks how did I get a job when I was out of the country??

Comment

Working...
                              X