Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa

Hello Everyone,

I need little help concerning the transitional visa.
    I am flying to India through London i.e from Dallas to London and London to Mumbai. The connection time for this flight is 4 hrs. Do I need any transitional visa for UK ? Please reply

Thanks

[COLOR=#333333]Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall - Oct 18th[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]*Did you Miss OPT/CPT Experiences! Subscribe via [/COLOR]http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

[COLOR=#333333]If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]1. Goto [/COLOR]http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    [COLOR=#333333]2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]3. If you can't find the link, refer [/COLOR]http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php[COLOR=#333333] for details[/COLOR]

Comment

If your current US visa is expired and you are travelling to India from USA on expired visa via UK or Canada or Some other Restricted Countries, then you deifinitely need a transit visa otherwise you will not allowed to board the flight in US itself.

If your current US visa is not expired then you can travel via UK.

If your US visa is expired, then safest place transit place is Dubai which does not impose transit visa restrictions.

Originally posted by Sachin Khiste View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I need little help concerning the transitional visa.
      I am flying to India through London i.e from Dallas to London and London to Mumbai. The connection time for this flight is 4 hrs. Do I need any transitional visa for UK ? Please reply

Thanks

Comment

No you don't

Comment

Check with your airline service to be on the safe side.

Comment

no need... just enjoy at the airport.... ... its beautiful..

Comment

Do you have a valid visa? Then you don't. If you are going for H-1B stamping you will require a transit visa.

Comment

I think what you meant is... do u need a visa to go outside the airport and meet some friends or site seeing. Yes.. you need a transit visa to clear UK immigration.
                But with just 4 hrs connection... it will be almost impossible for you to step out and come back if u count all the wait time for immigration and cabs.
                You may even be denied a visa in first place coz u only have 4 hrs of connection time.

But.. if it is only a stop over in UK... u dont need any uk visa. U will stay in the airport and take your next flight. The best you could do is dutyfree shopping.

Comment

Airport officials generally provide you a transit visa if your stay in the airport is more than 8 hours. Else its not good to leave airport as connection time is less

Comment

You should pay for the transit visa

Comment

Nay .. I went through London last yr and my waiting time was around 3 hrs ..

Comment

Working...
                      X