Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT card not received and onlne status says initial review

HI,

i have applied for my OPT on July 31st and the online status shows initial review. I have n't received my opt card yet even after 80 days. what shall i do now.

Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall within 12 hours- Oct 18th

*Did you Miss OPT/CPT Experiences! Subscribe via http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php for details

Comment

If you fail to get it even after 90 days then you can Call USCIS customer care and ask for a reason

Comment

Wait for 10 more days ....90 Days is the processing time generaally

Comment

can it be expedited due to job offer or something? Just wondering.

Comment

Call USCIS and request them to expedite the process and need to fax your Offer letter and your Expedite request letter as requested

Comment

Same here.... applied for OPT on aug 12 ... nearing 70.... status under initial review.... waiting for that .......i fear i may achieve century....

Comment

wait for it.. for OPT they dont have any SLA saying it gotta done before this time .. if they take more than 6 months u can start working .. As Viswa Bharath said most service centers processing time for OPT is 90 days after that u can call them ask whats going on .. if u need to call em then remember it is not their obligation to process it before 90 days ..

Comment

Guys, USCIS is under staffed. This is why they are taking so long.

Comment

my opinion is they are intentionally doing it..i dont know what political benefit they get .. USCIS does not take any federal funds ..

Comment

can it be expedited due to job offer or something? Just wondering.

Comment

Call USCIS and request them to expedite the process and need to fax your Offer letter and your Expedite request letter as requested

Comment

the customer care guys dont have access to the 'reasons' set by USCIS centers..

Comment

If they take more than six months.. how can we start working? without the opt/ead card?

Comment

you dont have to have ead card you can work using list b and list c in I9 form ..

Comment

Working...
                              X