Help with opt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with opt

I have applied for Pre-Completion OPT on sept 19th with a I-20 in which the company's name I used is 'X' and their date of joining was sept 30. But the I-20 start date was oct 15th. I tried to expedite the process on sept 24th.. but my request was not accepted and they asked me to contact them after 15-20 business days !

Mean while I got another job offer from 'Company Y' and their date of joining is Oct 14. and they are willing to write a expedite request letter to USCIS if needed ( when my expediite request will be accepted for the second time ). But the 'company X' which I mentioned in my I20.. is not willing to provide me any expedite request letter for USCIS... that means if the USCIS asks for any letter from my employer ( when my 2nd expedite request after 20 business days is accepted) in future, I can't send a letter from 'Company X'...

My question here : Is it ok to send a expedite request letter from a new employer, whose name is not mentioned in the I-20? ( I am thinking of sending the letter from 'Y' and its job offer ( they will change the joining date to Nov 5).. Do they really care about the joining dates? and the I-20 start date etc.. ? to give the EAD cards !!

1 wait for some time and call em again
    2 i would not recommend it ..
    3 they care about I20 start date .. it is he minimum possible start date

Comment

for point #2. what if they ask for a letter from the employer 'X', (as I said, X is not giving me any letter... and by now, I think they started looking for new candidates for the job)

Comment

Uscis only expedite it if it have strong reason .. they dont have any premium service for opt .. so be carefull what u do ..

Comment

So when u call them u should explain u r situation and how Important it is to get opt as soon.as.possible

Comment

Since it is already one month passed you sould get u r card soon might be 15-30 days ..

Comment

1. Second expedite request is only accepted atleast 45 days after first expedite request
              2. Unles or until USCIS requests you something it is waste of submitting anything

Comment

USCIS said.. its 30 days .. not 45 days

Comment

Whats up with you waiting till oct24?

Comment

Else did you follow up with something

Comment

yup, waiting till Oct 24th.

Comment

Working...
                      X