Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Doubts

Hi
    I filed OPT on 30 Sept and I received an e-mail and SMS message that my documents have been accepted and have been sent to Processing center.
    However,my check has not been encashed till now. Also, I haven't received I797 receipt.

Can someone tell me
    1) If the I797 receipt and e-mail notification (that I received ) are the same thing ?
    2) How much time does it take to get the check cashed ?

I just want to make sure that I797 receipt doesn't have any important notice. I hope USICS people will convey any document / fee requirement via email as well as postal mail .

Please help

Hi there!

I797 receipt and e-mail notification are not the same. You should be receiving it separately in USPS mail.

I would not worry much about check being not cashed as you got the email confirmation that they received your application. eventually they will cash it at the time of processing.
    Last edited by platinumbed; 10-08-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I want to know can there be any difference between I797 and email notification ?

I don't know when would my I797 arrive via USPS. Just wanted to make sure that if there is something wrong with my application / or something missing will they inform me via email as well ? Or they would just send a postal mail . I hope you got my question .

And by "I would worry much about check being" you mean I would [B]not[/B] worry much ?

Thanks

Comment

Your I 797 should arrive soon. Allow them some time as their is Govt shut down.

Comment

Working...
        X