No announcement yet.

Lost Passport on OPT F1 Visa re-issue, STEM extension - Really Need Help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost Passport on OPT F1 Visa re-issue, STEM extension - Really Need Help

    OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 2500+ consulting & corporate companies, Sign up

    I really need some help, I lost passport with I94 and F1 visa and am currently on my OPT period.I have my EAD card,applied for a new passport and got an electronic copy of my I 94.Would I need to get my Visa stamped again for an OPT extension and will the loss of my passport create a problem for the same. also this is long term but while filing for my H1 will I need to show valid visa on my passport or will a color photocopy do,as i have a color photocopy of my Visa.

    This was posted on on 6th Oct 2013

  • #2
    they will never issue temporary visa.


    • #3
      Register a complaint in police station.
      Apply for a new passport.
      Inform to US Embassy that you lost your passport and visa.
      Apply for a new visa when you go back to your home country.
      Make sure you carry all your documents, transcripts , police case etc


      • #4
        Go to Indian Embassy in your city and they will issue a passport and give you a temporary VISA. When you go to your home country attend a formal interview and they will re issue the VISA


        • #5
          If yu not going out of the us I don't think there is a prob. But if yu go out yu need a visa transfer to ur new passport


          • #6
            if u want travel out side and come back u will need to go for stamping .. if not u are fine no need to worry