Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expediting OPT

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a common question. I applied for OPT on Aug-15 in the Nebraska center. I got a job offer and those guys want me to join as soon as possible.
    1) Is there any way to expedite the OPT application process by showing the offer letter? My university international center website says no.
    2) Is there anyone who got the EAD card recently from Nebraska center, just to know the average processing time now.

Regards

Here is the criteria: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD. Generally people file under severe financial loss to individual. I filed the expedite request, but it didn't work for me. Mine was in California service center.
    ISO of my university office advised me against using expedite request because she said USCIS never approves it. Sometimes, it even delays the process because USCIS person will manually pick the file, review it and then reject the request, and put the file back in the queue. Your file misses place in the line while USCIS was reviewing your expedite request. This is what I have heard; but not sure if it is entirely true.

But since you just filed the OPT request on August 15th, I believe it may be worth a try. On the worst side it may delay OPT by 1 week or so. But if it is approved then you would be able to join soon.

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall within 12 hours: Posting date Sep 3rd[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333]If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]1. Goto [/COLOR]http://facebook.com/desiopt1
      [COLOR=#333333]2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#333333]3. If you can't find the link, refer [/COLOR]http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php[COLOR=#333333] for details[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Nisha.

I will check with my school's International Center before doing anything.

Comment

Open up SR with customer service and then fax ( for quick response) or mail your offer letter to NSC with SR number.

Comment

My friend applied around July 23rd and got approved last Friday !!

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I wanted to inform that I got my EAD card last saturday (september 28). i have received notification that it had moved into card producton on sep 24.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience, What did you do to expedite ? Please share the steps so others in similar boat can benefit

Originally posted by kukku View Post
                Hi everyone,
                I wanted to inform that I got my EAD card last saturday (september 28). i have received notification that it had moved into card producton on sep 24.

Comment

Originally posted by DesiOPTForumAdmin View Post
                  Thanks for sharing your experience, What did you do to expedite ? Please share the steps so others in similar boat can benefit
                  I did not ask to expedite the application. The international center in my university said that this not a very busy period at the USCIS so decided to wait it out.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience

Originally posted by kukku View Post
                    I did not ask to expedite the application. The international center in my university said that this not a very busy period at the USCIS so decided to wait it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X