Ead card issue!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ead card issue!!

My case was approved but I never received my EAD card. As I talked with one immigration officer, He told me to re-apply for replacement for card and send all the documents with I-797(notice of action) on top. He told me I don't have to send money again. My new documents were received on 08/13/13 that I confirmed by calling and the representative said that they received the new documents and i will get confirmation by 08/26/13 but if I didn't get any confirmation I should call again, I didn't get the confirmation, so I called again and this time they said that i have to apply again and i have to pay $380.00 again.

My OPT period started 17th July,2013.

Is there any solution for this. Please help.

Thank you.

Kapil, did u check if your card was dispatched by USCIS or not. If yes then you just need to ask them for the tracking number. Then follow up with USPS. If it is wrong delivered by USPS, let them know and they will request and pay USCIS for new card will deliver you new card.
    Same thing happened to me, USPS delivered my card at wrong address. When I inquired, I and USPS found that it was USPS's fault. So they requested and paid for generation of a new card and I got my new card. There was no hassle in dealing with any of them. People were cortious enough to accept their mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by mit_29 View Post
      Kapil, did u check if your card was dispatched by USCIS or not. If yes then you just need to ask them for the tracking number. Then follow up with USPS. If it is wrong delivered by USPS, let them know and they will request and pay USCIS for new card will deliver you new card.
      Same thing happened to me, USPS delivered my card at wrong address. When I inquired, I and USPS found that it was USPS's fault. So they requested and paid for generation of a new card and I got my new card. There was no hassle in dealing with any of them. People were cortious enough to accept their mistake.

Thanks for the reply, Yes i did that already and i talked to the USPS officer and they said they delivered it to my address. I told them i didn't receive anything but they said they delivered. So i didn't know what to do, I called USCIS and u know rest of the story.

Comment

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall: Date Aug 31st
        If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps

1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
        2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
        3. If you can't find the link, refer http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php

Comment

try to reach any manager level person while calling and explain the situation. if you call 7 times a day, you will have 7 different solution. a higher level person might be helpful and correct suggestion in this case.

Comment

You have a reader experience posted at our forums, don't forget to read it at http://desiopt.com/forum/showthread....Ead-card-issue!!

Ead card issue!!
            desiopt.com
            Discussion Forum for OPT CPT F1 Visa Students from Desi OPT

Comment

@mit_29

Hi, I had a similar issue but the mistake was not with USPS but with USCIS because they typed in the address wrongly with a diff apt number. Can you brief me the steps you took to find out that it was USPS mistake??

I currently applied for replacement and waiting for the receipt notice. Thanks!
              Last edited by touch.gold; 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM. Reason: Tag

Comment

Working...
              X