Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graduating in May 2014-When is the right time to file for H1-B? Oct 2014 or 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduating in May 2014-When is the right time to file for H1-B? Oct 2014 or 2015?

I am a Master's student at IIT, Chicago. I qualify for STEM. I plan to graduate in May 2014. I started my Masters in Fall 2012. Now, I am doing my CO-OP. When is the right time to file for H1-B?
    For Oct 2014 (during my OPT) or do you suggest to delay it for 2015?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July 24th 2013

Even I have the same question

Comment

Your employer files H1 not you!!

Comment

you have a full time job already? filing for october has to be done in first week of april, by your employer.. so if you have job in hand, go ahead with it.

Comment

Times are not good buddy.. This year H1B quota of 85k (65 regular + 20 for masters student) got filled between 1st - 5th April as number of applications came was 125k.. so for next year 40k applications are still pending... and trust me... by the day you graduate in May,14.. the quota for financial year 13-14 will be filled.. so you will have no other option than to file it in 2015 cycle...
          Pray to god that immigration bill gets passed in republican house and cap increases to 180K.. If god listens u, u will get ur H1B in 2014..

Comment

Working...
          X