No announcement yet.

H1B Extension Packet Sent to USCIS without Employment Letter

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B Extension Packet Sent to USCIS without Employment Letter

    Hello there,

    I have recently applied for H1B extension & my employer has sent my application packet to USCIS without the employment Letter, now I'd like to know is there a way that I can send this Letter to USCIS before the RFE?

    Thanks for looking at this, any responses would be appreciated.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on Facebook wall at within 24-72 hours.

    SEARCH: Your question might be answered earlier, search previous post at

    ATTORNEY: In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Please let us know your feedback after the call.

    JOBS: review FAQ number 5 & 8 at

    NEWSLETTER: *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at *** Classified portal exclusive for F1 Students

    OPT TRACKER: Track your OPT

    INVITE FRIENDS: Feel this community useful, then invite your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer


    • #3
      Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at 13th May- Please review comments from other users


      • #4
        Is your application picked in the lottery? If yes, then only proceed


        • #5
          Firstly, h1-b extensions and transfers are cap-exempt i.e. there's no lottery for H1-b extensions.

          Secondly, from what i can think, you have the following two options:

          1. Wait for an RFE to arrive. Who knows, you might be extremely lucky and not get an RFE at all. Even if you do end up getting one, you should be fine if you have a full-time position unlike the employer-vendor-client topology in which case you have to struggle convincing them for the letter and stuff.
          2. If you do want to be proactive and send it, you can write a letter and attach the missing employment letter to it and reference your receipt number on it.

          If I were you, I would go with the more strategic way i.e. option 1 because mostly USCIS does not like to receive any paperwork in additional communications. Moreover, you would be catching unnecessary attention. So I won't recommend option 2. Good luck!


          • #6
            “You” can’t and shouldn’t do anything. Only the employer or the attorney should be sending anything to USCIS.