Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got H1B, but 2 more semesters remaining-How to maintain Status till Oct 1st without

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    Its very simple. Just take CPT for summer & Fall sem and start working from Summer. Starting Oct he will automatically get converted to H1. School will not have any prob. Here univ's are not like " You cannot drop in between & if u need ur transcript pay the whole fees.Blah blah" You can drop out anytime.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    If he do not want d master's degree he could quit d course and convert to H 1 ..bt make sure he vil b sponsored H 1 before he is out of f 1 status . .. Or else take a break frm school wit out registering for d courses dis fall so that he can b on F 1 status .. And in mean time his H 1 wil also b processed !!

Leave a comment:

• Got H1B, but 2 more semesters remaining-How to maintain Status till Oct 1st without

Got H1B, but 2 more semesters remaining-How to maintain Status till Oct 1st without registering for courses?

Hi,Thanks for the wonderful updates and round the clock help to the students. Appreciate it.
    My friend is on F1 student visa. He is having 2 more semesters before completing his masters. This company sponsored him and got his H1 approved. My question is, is it any problem created by his University for converting from F1 to H1? I know and I understand that he cannot work till Oct 1st and that he need to be in status till that time, so apart from registering for the Fall course and paying the University , is there any other type where he dont need to register for Fall course by either applying or getting permission from the University? Is there anything like that?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 23rd 2013
Working...
X