• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesiOPTForumAdmin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Do I have to amend my H1B?

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#141823]Hi, I have OPT valid till Dec 2014 and I have my H1 approved which starts from Oct 1 2014. Currently I'm working with Client A as a contractor and I have a new position with Client B. I'll start working for Client B from Sept 29 (before my H1 starts)1. Do I have to amend my H1B?2. What will be the fee for ammendment? My employer says full fee 2,500$+, but I heard from other friends that they had paid only 325$+550$(Premium) for ammendment.[/COLOR][/FONT]
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Sept 24th)

Comment

• lisaanderson
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DesiOPTForumAdmin View Post
      [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#141823]Hi, I have OPT valid till Dec 2014 and I have my H1 approved which starts from Oct 1 2014. Currently I'm working with Client A as a contractor and I have a new position with Client B. I'll start working for Client B from Sept 29 (before my H1 starts)1. Do I have to amend my H1B?2. What will be the fee for ammendment? My employer says full fee 2,500$+, but I heard from other friends that they had paid only 325$+550$(Premium) for ammendment.[/COLOR][/FONT]
      An amendment is recommended for any material change. You should follow the advice of your employer’s attorney as it’s their decision on what to do. The only amount that MUST be paid for an amendment is the $325. You must also pay the Training Fee ($1500 or $750) if you apply for an extension as well (change the end date of your H-1B). You do not have to pay $500 again.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
        • Mar 2013

1 technically yes .. But not always needed . but new lca is mandatory..
        2 350 + attorney fee ( +12** if u want premium )

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
          • Mar 2013

How about duration of i-797? does it change with an amendment?

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
            • Mar 2013

Yes, you have to and provide your new location to USCIS if not with in the same state. This might take some time and your employer can do that...

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
              • Mar 2013

Just amend when you are going out of the country to whatever client you will be working..

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                • Mar 2013

any one looking for job (OPT/CPT candidates only) kindly reply me with updated resume [email protected]

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                  • Mar 2013

some times yes they may reduce it .. but now a days i dont see much of those cases

Comment

Working...
                  X