Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Stamping - White Slip .. Please Help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping - White Slip .. Please Help !!

Hi. I recently attended my H1B visa interview at Ottawa on Friday 12, September 2014. The officer asked me a lot of questions about my employer like when it was founded, where it is located, how many employees are working, the clients of the employer and also the address of the employer's office. I answered all the questions. He asked me for my H1B Petitioner letters, my offer letter, my resume and my LCA document. He flipped through all the papers quickly and told me "[I][U] I would like to send your application for further review your employer[/U][/I]" and handed over a white slip and circled on "[I][U]Further Review[/U][/I]". He told me that i'll hear from them before the start of my I-797 i.e., the 1st of October and not to worry about it. I asked him how long it will take to review and he told me " [B][I][U]It would just take a while and it is a routine check we do. You don't have to worry much about it. You'll hear from us soon before the 1st of October[/U][/I][/B]".

Right now, i'm concerned about what will happen to my application. Could you please tell me what is the process of white slip and how long will it take to process ? Is there any way to track the application ?

Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://bit.ly/16CAYOb

In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

Their information is listed on http://desiopt.com/ home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

Thanks
    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students

Disclaimer: http://bit.ly/163AglR

Comment

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Sept 17th)

Comment

Originally posted by sri101 View Post
        Hi. I recently attended my H1B visa interview at Ottawa on Friday 12, September 2014. The officer asked me a lot of questions about my employer like when it was founded, where it is located, how many employees are working, the clients of the employer and also the address of the employer's office. I answered all the questions. He asked me for my H1B Petitioner letters, my offer letter, my resume and my LCA document. He flipped through all the papers quickly and told me "[I][U] I would like to send your application for further review your employer[/U][/I]" and handed over a white slip and circled on "[I][U]Further Review[/U][/I]". He told me that i'll hear from them before the start of my I-797 i.e., the 1st of October and not to worry about it. I asked him how long it will take to review and he told me " [B][I][U]It would just take a while and it is a routine check we do. You don't have to worry much about it. You'll hear from us soon before the 1st of October[/U][/I][/B]".

Right now, i'm concerned about what will happen to my application. Could you please tell me what is the process of white slip and how long will it take to process ? Is there any way to track the application ?
        It is like Administrative Review. There is no way to tell exactly how long the process will take. However, the officers in Ottawa are generally very nice and if they say you’ll hear before October 1, I’m sure they will give you the visa before then. There is no way to track the application without contacting the US Consulate in Ottawa.

Comment

I am assuming you got the form 221g.A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS.

Comment

A various number of factors play a role during the H1-B visa interview, which might lead to a person having his/her visa approved or rejected. During the Interview, the decision is made based on how...

Comment

Might be it is 221g so they sent your application for further review to uscis so wait untill u get your reply from uscis

Comment

Don't Worry , it is just verification process. most of the times it will be approved

Comment

Usually it will not take longer... they know you are an immigrant in canada... if there are no name issues you might get through it quickly... I am happy that interview was smooth.. wait for their email and you will get your visa... good luck

Comment

From the information that u provided I see that u might be working in EVC model. Better inform your client and the employer about the white slip. One scenario which i could think of is that they may send a questionnaire to client and employer asking for additional info and as soon as consulate gets back the required information from the client and employer they will deliver the result. Hope for the best

Comment

Hello Sri,
                      Hope you got your visa soon after this post.
                      I am in similar situation as yours, attended visa interview in Ottawa, given White slip 221g.
                      Based on your experience, how long it took to hear from consulate.
                      would highly appreciate your response.

Comment

Working...
                      X