No announcement yet.

Do i join school immediately or wait for the USCIS response for my RFE?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do i join school immediately or wait for the USCIS response for my RFE?

    Hi Everyone,

    I got a RFE this year for my H1B. I am currently working as a consultant. My OPT got expired on July 10th but I have a CAP-GAP extension until the end of September. My employer has submitted all the necessary documents including the check for premium processing since then, I am waiting for the result from USCIS. So is it worth for me to wait for the result or is it better for me to join the school immediately? If by chance I get denied for h1b, how long do I have my status? Do I lose my status immediately?

    I would highly appreciate for your suggestions.


  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (July 30th)


      • #4
        No STEM. Just a year OPT


        • #5
          1. Better join any univ inorder to keep your sevis active. It will be helpful if the decision doesnt come in favour of you
          2. Since yours is intial opt, you will lose your status after 60 or 90 days ( i dont remember it well) after the opt end date if the H1B is denied


          • #6
            just take admission letter .. but dont transfer till u get u r decision


            • #7
              this yr cap gap system has changed significantly .. last yr it was like 60 days after u r end of cap gap ..
              this yr i dont know when they gonna end u r cap gap .. ( after h1 denial or cap gap end date)


              • #8
                Some universities gives admissions through out the year. You can opt those.


                • #9
                  study hard bro...