• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poo541
    • Jun 2013

H1 B application - No Update

Hi,

I have applied for H1-B(Premium processing) but I dint receive any update if it was selected/rejected. My checks are not cleared until today(04/30). I'm guessing it is not selected in the lottery because it is premium processing and application review for premium processing already began. I need some suggestions for below questions:

1) My lawyer says we can "hope" until we receive rejection packet, but she does not give a time frame when I can expect the rejection packet. I need to know the time frame so that I can plan and look into other options. Does anyone you know receive their rejection packet already? Can anyone please tell me approx. time frame that USCIS takes to send the packet back?
    2) My OPT ends on July 5th, I heard we have 60 days to change status. Is that true?
    3) Can I continue working after my OPT expires for 60 days?
    4) When should I leave the country if I cannot find any other option to stay back?

Thank you so much!
  • DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
    Administrator
    • Mar 2013

our question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://bit.ly/16CAYOb

In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on http://desiopt.com/ home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

Thanks
    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students

Disclaimer: http://bit.ly/163AglR

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin
      Administrator
      • Mar 2013

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (May 2nd)

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
        • Mar 2013

2 yes
        3 nope
        4 with in that 60 days grace period

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
          • Mar 2013

Yes 60 days is the grace you get after your OPT ends. You can either get your existing sevis transferred by the the 59th day to a school or leave the country by the 60th day.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
            • Mar 2013

I have not received my H1b selection or rejection confirmation until now. What should i expect?

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
              • Mar 2013

Just wait until you recieve notifications or mail from Uscis...

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                • Mar 2013

I have no idea about whether your petition was selected. As of now, i guess talk to your attorney and DSO and plan to take the Cap-Gap after your OPT expires. This might give you a chance to stay until the decision is made. Though not sure what the norms are. Best would be to discuss the Cap-Gap option with your DSO.

After your OPT expires you have 60 days grace to leave the country or transfer your SEVIS to some other university to maintain your status.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                  • Mar 2013

I am in the same situation! But my opt is expiring on 10th may so what I did was ask dso to get my opt extent until 1st June. Hoping that I will hear something by then!

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                    • Mar 2013

I dont think u can extend like that. your opt expires on the 365th day from when it began. if you are eligible for STEM extension, i suggest you apply for that soon.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                      • Mar 2013

Yes I can extend only for 1st June! And my company is not e verified so I can't do opt extension

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                        • Mar 2013

1. 2 months, 2. yes, 3.no, 4. after 60 days

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                          • Mar 2013

Hello, since you had your application in premium processing, chances are high that you were not selected in the lottery. I am assuming STEM ext is not an option for you so I suggest you start preparing for alternate options and not wait till the packet is returned. 2. you have 60 days of grace period from the time ur opt expires. before that you have to leave the country if you do not find any other option 3. you cannot work during this grace period. 4. you need to leave before the 60 days are over or you run risk of illegal presence and can affect ur chances of any future visa application. There are a few options you can choose from. a) Apply for another school(Note that you will not receive another opt if u do another MS + additional burden of fees) b) Ask your employer to transfer you to an office outside US and file h1b again next year c) Get employed with a cap exempt employer (could be your school or any educational facility, etc). These h1b visas are cap exempt and can be applied for at ny time of the year I think. As I said dont wait for the packet, start looking at your options. Good Luck !!

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                            • Mar 2013

1)she is right , you still have hope.
                            2) true
                            3) No
                            4) with in the 60 days grace period after you opt expires.

Comment

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
                              • Mar 2013

You can join a college here.. There are some which give you cpt within a month or weeks and can continue working and then apply for H1 next year again provided you are ready to spend on fees and staying back in usa is something which you really want.

Comment

Working...
                              X