No announcement yet.

Re-Filing H1 Through a non-profit like University

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re-Filing H1 Through a non-profit like University

    I have a question about filing H-1B again, currently I'm on OPT Ext my opt expires in November this year. I have filed my H1-B through a consulting firm but I haven't heard anything back yet its still in processing. So now I also got an another offer from a university for a full time position and they are ready to do my H-1B. So even if my H-1B petition gets accepted through my consultant and in case he does not share the receipt with me for transferring H1-B :
    -Can I ask my new employer to file for me as its exempt from cap this year.
    -Could you tell me Pros and cons of it.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (April 17th)


      • #4
        1 yes ..
        2 if he does not provide receipt you can get it but it will take around 2-3 months ..


        • #5
          if i were u i would wait till my h1 with consulting is approved ..
          by doing it u can secure my cap subjected petition ..this is useful when u need to transfer to any other cap subjected company ..