Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Surname is incorrect in my passport, applying for H1B, how to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Surname is incorrect in my passport, applying for H1B, how to fix this?

In my passport, my first middle and last name were put all together under GIVEN NAME. In the passport, I have no SURNAME. It is left blank. But when I got the USA visa, they mentioned FIRST NAME: FNU and they combined my first middle and last name as SURNAME. I want to know what I need to do to get it all straightened out on my passport, visa, ssn because I am applying for H1 this april.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on February 10th 2013

I have the same problem but so far it wasnt a problem, I got my I 20, OPT as a 1st and last name separated I am not sure about what your name should be but I think when they are re issuing a Visa they will follow the previous visa names. I donot think you have to fix anything for now.

Comment

it was separated on i20 but then i had to change it to same as in visa because i was not able to get ssn. thanks for replying Rohit.

Comment

Even I had a same problem. On my passport given name is Yaseen Siddiqui and surname was blank because of that I was not able to get the drivers license well luckily I got the ssn but I heard most of them will not get it. I went to Consulate General office of India and on the second page of my passport they wrote Given name as Yaseen and Surname name as Siddiqui with the stamp and the signature of the officer and I was successfully able to get the drivers license. I heard in consulate general office of india officers will tell u to apply for another passport but don’t do that try to convince them to do on the passport which you have. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have I know the pain which Ive been through with this situation.

Comment

Working...
        X