No announcement yet.

Want to apply for job in U.S(H1-B) from Canada

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Want to apply for job in U.S(H1-B) from Canada

    My name is Vishal Topiwala. I am currently studying in Post Graduate Certificate program in Canada. I'm studying in Wireless Information Networking program. Apart from this, I have achieved Cisco Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) in the field of networking and completed my B.E in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from India. I am willing to apply for job in U.S in the field of networking (Network Engineer/network Administrator). I am fresher..

    Do I need experience before applying for H1-B Visa or can apply ?

    I would like to know is it possible to apply for jobs in U.S from Canada ? Procedure to apply in USA (H1-B Visa?). I would like to have a details from you.

    Wiring for responses !!

  • #2
    Can anyone reply please !!!


    • #3
      Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall within 12 hours- Nov 8th

      *Get OPT/CPT Experiences to your inbox via

      If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps
      1. Goto
      2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
      3. If you can't find the link, refer for details


      • #4
        1 you can not apply . an employer can apply ..
        2 technically it is possible .realistically bit difficult to find who can sponsor h1 visa for u ..
        3 hmm .. all i can say is it is big process and it should be done by u r employer or his attorney ..


        • #5
          H1B Application process

          Step 1: Employer Submits LCA to DOL for certification. (only required for specialty occupation and fashion model petitions)

          Step 2: Employer Submits Completed Form I-129 to USCIS.

          Step 3: Prospective Workers Outside the United States Apply for Visa and/or Admission.
          Once the Form I-129 petition has been approved, the prospective H-1B worker who is outside the United States may apply with the U.S. Department of State (DOS) at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad for an H-1B visa (if a visa is required). Regardless of whether a visa is required, the prospective H-1B worker must then apply to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for admission to the United States in H-1B classification.

          More at USCIS link:

          H-1B Specialty Occupations, DOD Cooperative Research and Development Project Workers, and...

          This visa category applies to people who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability.


          • #6
            The process from canada is the same as it is ffrom india. You may be better off searching for jobs in canada itself.