No announcement yet.

RFE solution in H4 to F1 COS

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RFE solution in H4 to F1 COS

    My friend has applied for change of status from H4 to F1 in Mar 2013 and have received an RFE a month later. Based on what the university advised, she submitted the form I-539 along with copies of my passport, I-20 and I-94. And was not advised to submit any other documents.
    Now, in the RFE, She have been asked by USCIS to submit the following:
    1. Recent pay stubs of her husband to verifiy valid non-immigrant status in the US.
    2. Document supporting funds for 1st year of study and also documents supporting funds for the entire duration of the course (which is 3 years)
    I have the following questions:
    1.she did mention in form I-539 that her spouse will be sponsoring her. Now, as a reply to this RFE, should her spouse submit an affidavit I-134 (Husband is on H1 currently)? Or, submitting only bank statement, accompanied with a cover letter, will suffice?
    2.Her spouse can submit US bank statements to sufficiently cover 1st year of study but not the entire 3 years. In this case, will it be sufficient to state that the spouse will continue to support the other 2 years through his salary (which is our plan anyway to pay for the studies)?
    3. Can She submit bank statements etc from my father/father-in law (they reside in India) towards this as a sponsor? If yes, in what document form? Whether a bank statement will be sufficient or it requires official statements on stamp paper etc?
    4. In case, the answer to question no.2 is 'Yes', will she still need to submit any sposor documents from India?
    5. Can there be more than 1 sponsor for the study?

  • #2
    Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall-Posting date Aug 15th
    If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps

    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer for details


    • #3
      When you do cos in Usa, they just don't understand the Indian bank statements you submit. It is better to submit form I 134 along with recent pay stubs. There can be multiple sponsors but it is better if they all do something in USA. Also, if you have funding from the university, please send a copy of that letter. This is the best possible solution in my opinion. Hope this helps.


      • #4
        I-134 along with past 6months pay stubs, and proof of funds for 1st year would be sufficient.
        Usually, in I-20, they will mention the 1st years expected expenditures including living expenses. Since, she is going to live with you (unless, school is in different location), you can say in I-134 that you are going to take care of all living expenses, and the available funds are for tuition fee for entire program.