No announcement yet.

Change of program major

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Change of program major

    I started school with a Dual MBA/MS in MIS. I did my change of status from H4 to F1 too using that I 20 only, which shows the CIP code as 52.0201 and Program Major as Business Administration and Management. However, I dropped out of the MBA program right now but my I 20 still shows the CIP code as 52.0201. But for the regular MS in MIS the CIP code is 52.1201 and it qualifies under the STEM courses. Is there a way to change that on the continued education OPT I have?

    Also, does the university do the e-verify process with immigration before we sign the GA contract? My name is really long and it doesn't fit into most of the government systems here especially the SSN card. Will it delay the processing of contract by any chance?

  • #2
    I meant continued education I 20. It was a typo.


    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- Aug 12th.
      If you feel this community is useful, please INVITE your friends by following below steps

      1. Goto
      2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
      3. If you can't find the link, refer


      • #4
        Wrong name will effect not long name no worries


        • #5
          No it will not but make sure that you use your same firstname and last name in all forms


          • #6
            Not at all. Just make sure that your first name and last name in all the documents is the same. Also the "e-verify" system is for employers and not the universities.


            • #7
              @ above university is also an organization .. They can participate in everify