Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changed from B1 to F1-"No valid Visa"on Passport.Can I go for F1 stamping to re-enter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed from B1 to F1-"No valid Visa"on Passport.Can I go for F1 stamping to re-enter

Came on B1, changed to F1. So "No valid Visa" on Passport. Completed Masters and working full-time on OPT. Can I travel?
    If so, can I go for F1 stamping to re-enter, since I don't have any valid visa on my passport?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July 31st 2013

AFAIK, F1 visas are not issued on OPT. You should have working Visa to re enter to US at this moment.

Comment

U would need F1 visa which is not sure if being issued as you are in OPT, I I would suggest you to apply for H1 and go for H1 stamping u have better chances of H 1 approval.

Comment

Technically, you can apply for a new F-1 visa at a US consulate abroad while on OPT, but there is a risk that the consular officer could deny the visa application for no real reason other than that OPT is nearing completion. We discourage traveling abroad in this situation but if it is absolutely necessary, make sure to bring lots of evidence of current employment - recent support letter stating business need to travel, recent paystubs, etc. Again, there is a definite risk of denial in this situation so proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
        X