Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost passport, F1 visa stamping rejection chances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost passport, F1 visa stamping rejection chances?

I lost my passport and has applied for a new passport recently. The thing I am bothered about is VISA. Will it be an issue if I go INDIA for restamping. Are there any chances of rejection?

I transferred university after my first sem will that have any effect on VISA. I will be graduating this Dec.So planning to go INDIA this JULY. but I am worried are there any chances of rejection. Is Mexico/Canada recomended?
    Also, as I am planning to go INDIA this July do I have to apply for replacment I94? Is it mandatory to depart US. what If I doesnt get I94 till the date I plan to leave US.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 14th 2013

Hi there,
    Sorry to hear you lost your passport. Well, you won't have any problem during restamping. Just schedule your interview and you won't be asked much questions. More importantly make sure you carry all the documents with you when u go to the interview( Police reports, TRANSCRIPTS*, I20 etc. ) mine was the same case. I lost my passport last year. I went to India and got my stamping done without any problem.

Worst thing happened to me is, After I lost my passport here, I had to wait 7 months to get my new passport from the Indian embassy in US houston. I hope you get your passport soon.

I think its mandatory you must return the I 94 document when u depart US. So I suggest u apply for For a new I 94 Asap. Plan everything accordingly if you have decided to leave. Anyways, you won't have problem as long as you are in Status. (F-1 or anything). You need Visa only to enter U.S. u can stay here without any issues.

I hope this info helps. Don't bother to reach me if u have any questions. I'll be happy to assist you. Good luck .

Comment

@ shravam kumar... I appreciate ur response dude. Nice work !

Comment

No need to apply for a new i94, it's not that important when you leave US, new i94 will cost you around 200$, when you come back to US, you will get a new i94. And also check the visa application updates, I think there is a Dropbox facility now.. Not sure..

Comment

Hey. thnx for above comments. apply for I94, as you will be need this to leave US.I have lost my passport and Visa and I94. I got my new passport and i94, and I am going to India in may and I am planning to reapply for Visa.

Comment

I had damaged my passport n visa, I have got a new passport done from Indian embassy in USA but I have plans of traveling to india in December? I am on F1 status here. So anyone knows the process of getting the visa stamped on my new passport? Will it be a problem for me? How many days will it take for me to get the new visa stamped as I'll be going back to india just for 20 days. Is it possible to get it done in 20 days?
            I also have the damaged passport and Visa with me.

Comment

Hi ,
              I too have lost my passport and am applying for a duplicate one. Would there be problems getting the visa stamped again? I am planning to travel in May 2014 just before starting my CPT, can CPT be a problem during visa interview? Please help.

Comment

I am currently facing the same problem as Vijeta in the earlier comment. Could you please tell me what happened in your situation as early as possible?
                Originally posted by vijeta View Post
                Hi ,
                I too have lost my passport and am applying for a duplicate one. Would there be problems getting the visa stamped again? I am planning to travel in May 2014 just before starting my CPT, can CPT be a problem during visa interview? Please help.

Comment

"hi,
                  mine is exactly the same situation as yours.
                  Can you please tell me what you did for your
                  visa.Waiting for your reply"

Comment

hai,
                    I am f1 student currently pursuing my masters.
                    Unfortunately my passport has been damaged(not beyond recognization)
                    and i am planning to apply one very soon.I changed my
                    school after first semester. So will it be a problem for
                    me if i go to visa. i will be graduating next december so
                    planning to go india in may.So what are my chances
                    of visa rejection?? If i dont go india will it be a problem
                    to join opt or H1.....please help me with best solution

thank you.

Comment

I don't know if it would be problem for you to get VISA again because of changed school but you won't have problem with OPT and H1 once you get your new passport back (that would be without VISA of course).
                      I lost my passport, but I am on OPT. I hope you have a photo copy of the VISA.

Originally posted by Jagansarath View Post
                      hai,

thank you.

Comment

Hi, I got my passport back but without VISA. Since I was in my last sem when I lost my passport I can't go back to country and get a VISA until I get a job.
                        I don't know if job is required to get a VISA during OPT period but I am not sure so not taking a risk of going out of USA? If anyone knows about this rule please let me know.
                        But because I had a photo copy of VISA I am currently on OPT and doing job search.

Comment

Hi, I got my passport back but without VISA. Since I was in my last sem when I lost my passport I can't go back to country and get a VISA until I get a job.
                          I don't know if job is required to get a VISA during OPT period but I am not sure so not taking a risk of going out of USA? If anyone knows about this rule please let me know.
                          But because I had a photo copy of VISA I am currently on OPT and doing job search.

hai,

thank you.

Comment

hai,

thank you.
                            Even my case is the same, I'm planning to india for re-stamping this May.

Comment

@Thaker, Hello, I have one question from my side, is it possible obtain SSN with new passport and no F-1 Visa ?

Comment

Working...
                              X