Unexpected SEVIS termination - Requesting your valuable advises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected SEVIS termination - Requesting your valuable advises

[COLOR=#141823][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Unexpected SEVIS termination - Requesting your valuable advises One of my friend has joined a university to pursue his masters for Fall 2014. He started working for his relatives liquor store after a week he stepped in US. He sold a case of beer to an underaged and was caught red handed by a cop. The same cop has given violator citation for selling liquor to an underaged and asked him to appear in near court for summons after 2-3 weeks. After a day or two of this incident, my friend contacted his seniors in same university and one of his senior guided him to contact university international advisor to be on safe hands and they can support handling this court summons and immigration related problems.Unexpectedly, it turned out in a wrong way. My friend has provided violator citation issued by cop to international advisor and after reviewing the citation, they terminated his SEVIS completely and later he realized that he made a wrong decision contacting them and providing citation details. Friends, I need your valuable advises soon to help this guy to get out of this issue ELSE he has to deport soon.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#141823][FONT=Helvetica Neue]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

As per US law working off campus is illegal unless you're on CPT/OPT under F1 visa. You were lucky to get only one citation instead of two. Speak to your university or renter the country on different visa.

Comment

Nothing he can do now he better to negotiate with his school

Comment

The one & only option is he has to convince the DSO or get the new I-20 attend visa and step-in.

His case was very odd..

Comment

that happens with lot of people but wrong part was informing dso abt it..

Comment

transfer ur terminated sevis to other school and ask them to apply for reinstatement. dont worry you will be fine

Comment

Did he not know that working on campus or on cpt or opt is allowed only for f1 student.
              Contacting ISO is far away, Why did he even asked his seniors? Try to convince ur dso. If that does not work, reenter us with new univ i20 and new sevis preferably.

Comment

It's a foolish n stupid idea given by his seniors.. It's better to get a new I20 and re-enter US. Talk to ISO regarding alternative solution to problem

Comment

I dont know how some one and advise that but after the termination of SEVIS you have 60 to depart before you start accumulation of illegal stay only option left at this point is to get a new i20 and reenter..... Good Luck

Comment

Say he was helping them not working

Comment

Negotiate with school thats all!

Comment

Sorry if the sevis has been terminated he has to depart with in 15days of terminated date.

The only thing he can do is

Obtain a new I-20 from same university or different (it's very difficult to obtain a new I-20 from different university at current situation). So the only thing he has to obtain new I-20 from current university and step out of us and travel to Mexico or home country. Attend for visa and step-in.

Comment

His Visa is expired?? Thats little risky bro... Best is try some local school that an let you in with in a week or so and if he goes to Mexico that might be little more easy

Comment

Hello,
                            I have query regarding f-1 visa, posting this on behalf of a friend cause she doesn't have an account for this frorum.
                            I'm an international students who entered US in August 2017 on F-1 visa to a University A. Courses began on 28th August. However I had to leave US and I informed my DSO, I withdrew from my courses and left US on same day( September 5th).

My DSO then emailed me that she terminated my sevis for authorised early withdrawal on September 10th.

Now I have been admitted to another University B for January 2018 intake(courses start on Jan 8th) with a different Sevis Id. I plan to re-enter US sometime in ending of December 2017. I spoke to Sevis help desk and DSO of university and was informed that if my visa is still valid I can enter US on my current f-1 visa(even though it has University A's name and previous SEVIS on it). Can I re-enter US on the same visa ?
                            Please contact me [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X