No announcement yet.

Is it necessary to pay fee when trasferring to another college?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it necessary to pay fee when trasferring to another college?

    Hello all,

    I have come to USA on F1 visa for Fall 14 session on University of Findlay admit. I received another admit after Visa stamping and now that i am planning to transfer to another college. But University of Findlay website says(
    An Administrative Fee of $2500 will be charged to any student who transfers prior to their initial registration or prior to the completion of their
    first term/session. This is not a fee to transfer the SEVIS record. Your SEVIS record will be transferred without payment.
    Please know that withholding payment will cause your account to be turned over to a collection agency."

    But many of my friends transferred to different colleges and none of them has paid any fee.
    1)If i dont pay fee, what would happen?i came to USA just 2 days back so i dont have any SSN to be tracked.
    2)If i dont pay will it effect my H1B or Permanent Residence?
    3)Is it legal for college to ask money to transfer sevis?
    4)How collection agency would collect my money when i dont even have bank account in this country?

    Ideally, please suggest me what has to be done so that my 2500$is waived off?


  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      File a lawsuit. Its illegal to collect admission with drawl fee.


      • #4
        Dont worry give them a valid reason and they will transfer... I did that in 2007